top of page
question marks.jpg


  Q: Is GV TH5 an age restricted community?   

  A: Yes, the following is our statement regarding the U.S.  Fair Housing for Older Persons Act of 1994. 

     Green Valley Townhouse Association 5, Inc.(GV TH5) does not discriminate in providing housing on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, familial status, national origin, handicap or disability.  However, Green Valley Townhouse Association 5, Inc. is a community association which provides “housing for older persons” as defined by the U.S. Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA) of 1994 and its Arizona counterpart, A.R.S. 41-1491.04. The community is intended and operated for occupancy by at least one person fifty-five years of age or older(55+) per unit. 

    This 55+ community is intended to provide housing for older persons and the published policies and procedures of the community association effectuate that intent. Sometimes exceptions may occur, and an individual waiver may be granted by the Board of Directors, for example when a married couple with one spouse over age 55 and one spouse under age 55 resides in a unit, and the older spouse passes away, the younger spouse may be permitted to continue to reside in the unit although not meeting the 55+ requirement. See CC&Rs on the "Governing Documents" tab. Even in the rare of such exceptions, the Board of Directors enforces the policies and procedures of the Association in order to ensure the Association’s continued qualification as “housing for older persons".

    In an attempt to perform its' due diligence,GV TH5, requires its owners to complete an Annual Resident Registration form. This form follows Fair Housing Act, HOPA and *Arizona Statute 33-1806.01 language (see below) in order to meet with state and federal regulation.  

*Arizona Statute 33-1806.01. C    Rental property; member and agent information; fee; disclosure

Notwithstanding any provision in the community documents, on rental of a member's property an association shall not require a member or a member's agent to disclose any information regarding a tenant other than the name and contact information for any adults occupying the property, the time period of the lease, including the beginning and ending dates of the tenancy, and a description and the license plate numbers of the tenants' vehicles. If the planned community is an age restricted community, the member, the member's agent or the tenant shall show a government issued identification that bears a photograph and that confirms that the tenant meets the community's age restrictions or requirements.

  Q:  May a housing facility/community impose an age limitation more restrictive than that required by Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995(HOPA) and qualify for the 55 or older exemption?

   A:  Yes. The Association may require that 100% of the units are occupied by at least one person 55 years of age or older. 

   Q: As a part-time resident/Winter resident, who can I call to check on my home?    

   A: Call Sheriff's Auxiliary Volunteers (SAV) at 520/351-6744 before you leave and make an appointment (Monday -Friday, 8am-4pm) to schedule a Home Security Inspection.  The SAV will inspect your entry points and determine what steps can be taken to ensure the security of your home.

         Also, Bill's Home Service offers Home Watch Inspection, a comprehensive service for residents that are away from their homes for extended periods of time; call 520/216-7206 for more information.  

   Q:  Where can I find a Handyman?

   A:  One of your best bets is to go to Green Valley Council, see "Contacts" Tab, for the Preferred Vendor Program.

            Mike, at Ace Hardware, is a great resource for contractors of all sorts!

  Q: How do I get the Green Valley Community Telephone Directory and how do I get my  listing in the directory?

  A: Green Valley Townhouse Assoc. 5 Neighborhood Advocates will typically deliver a Community Directory to all new owners and yearly, will deliver directories to homeowners.  Click on the following link in order download and print application to get your personal listing in the directory, GV Community Listing Application . Please note that you can access this directory online by clicking on our link (see right) or going to . 

   Q: What is available as far as a local hospital?

  A: With the recent closing of Santa Cruz Valley Regional Hospital here in Green Valley, the closest hospital is Northwest Regional Hospital in Sahuarita.  Click here for more information on Tucson's Hospitals.

   Q: Where is the nearest landfill, recycle, waste drop-off location?

  A: Sahuarita Waste Transfer Station.  It is located on La Cañada, north of Duval Mine Road and just 5.3 miles from Green Valley Townhouse 5.  They charge $25 for the first 500 pounds.

   Q.  Who is responsible for repairs to sewer/water lines from the meter to the home to the meter?

   A.  According to Pima County the sewer/water lines are the responsibility of the homeowner from the home to the meter.  The lines can either be on private lines or connected to a public line.  To find out if the homes there are connected to a public line you can contact Development Services (520-724-9000) and they can search the records from the developer from when the homes were built. The County encourages homeowners who are connected to a public line to contact either the County or town of public sewer line to come out and inspect the lines and address any issues however the repairs are the responsibility of the homeowner.    

        GVC does endorse a warranty company called Service Line Warranties of America.  We have been with them for a few years now and I highly recommend them to anyone with an older home.  They offer 4 types of plans; water, sewer, in-home plumbing, and now water heater coverage.  It covers any kind of unforeseen repairs such as the water/sewer lines that run from the home to the meter.  An average repair cost is $2500.  The plan costs about $51/year and covers up to $8500 per repair with no limits and no deductible.  They also offer a monthly payment plan of a little over $4 per month.  Their customer service is number one. and they go above and beyond to take care of their customers.  It is a good plan for anyone who is concerned of these types of repairs. Everyone in Green Valley should have received an offer letter from them.

        Owners may contact the Wastewater Dept. to schedule an inspection of their lines for any possible issues at 520-724-6500.   Following is a link to the website for Service Line Warranties of America.

bottom of page